The Governor’s of St. Cuthbert’s continue to urge parents to keep leave of absence to a minimum and remind them that no leave of absence will be granted, except in exceptional circumstances as directed by the Government in June 2013. We have a rate of absence higher than national. Please inform school, by telephone every day of the reason of all absences.
Unauthorised absences include: -
- Any absence for which school has not received an adequate explanation;
- Late arrival, without good reason, after close of registration at 9.10 a.m.
- Looking after brothers and sisters;
Authorised absence may include: -
- Illness, including medical and dental appointments;
- Special family occasions
- Family bereavement or crisis
- Holidays in special circumstances
Most parents are very conscientious in informing school of absence due to illness; when we do not receive notification we try, whenever possible, to phone home and ascertain the reason of absence, as outlined in the Home School Contract. Unfortunately, we cannot always make contact. Please inform school immediately of any change of address or telephone number. Registration closes at 9.10 a.m. If a child arrives after that time, without good reason, it is treated as an absence.